The Trump Administration’s Expansion of Expedited Removals means:
• No Immigration Hearing, No Immigration Judge, and No Lawyer to apply for relief or seek protections like asylum for undocumented immigrants who cannot prove they have been in the country for at least two years;
• It will be used by ICE anywhere within the United States (not just within 100 miles of the U.S. Border) following arrests from jails, homes, workplaces, public transportation, public places and streets;
• ICE will be using mobile Biometrics units to process people for deportation more quickly (mobile Biometrics units are handheld devices used to collect fingerprints and process background checks on the spot to determine if the individual is deportable).
Enforcement Targets are encouraged to obtain the following documents to establish their long term presence in the United States:
• Identity Documents – Passport, Consular ID Cards, School Ids, Drivers License or State ID;
• Relationship Documents to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (Birth certificates, marriage certificates – applicants, relatives & children);
• Evidence of Continuous Residence in the United States for more than two years;
• Criminal & Court Records for a licensed immigration attorney to review if you have ever been the VICTIM of a crime, or ever been arrested or charged with a crime by the police ;
• Look for, Print and share the #SafetyPlan on our Facebook page.
• For Legal Assistance, Get Help at: https://www.immi.org/Info/FindLegalHelp
• If you do get arrested, do NOT sign or agree to anything without first talking to a lawyer.